Mastering Night Photography Will Take TimeSome of the best photographs in the world and history of photography have been taken at night. Night photography is an exceptional branch of photography, and one which demand your full attention all the time. If you are into learning night photography as an amateur or professional, you will have to pay close attention to the following basics.
1. Your safety - night photography means working at night. You could be anywhere – in the middle of a jungle taking photographs of prowling lions, or on a deserted locale shooting some special event. You could be anywhere and working at night will always be one of the greatest challenges. You should be able to ensure your safety, and work accordingly.
2. Right exposure – even when you will find some amazing automated stuff in the market, (which almost function by themselves), these are good for nothing in exigent circumstances. Knowing to choose the right exposure is crucial during night photography. This is what will make the difference between good and bad photographs and your been congratulated or fired.
3. Right use of the flash – often, the photographer will use the natural light of the night; he/she will work with an external flash only in situations where he/she cannot take the photograph in its natural reality. Of course, some of the automated machines can judge by themselves if flash can or cannot be used.
4. Right equipment – the first and foremost is your camera, of course. Invest in a very good camera and insist on a branded one so you will be sure of the quality. Do not ever compromise on your equipment because the outcome will suffer greatly. The combination of your experience and excellent apparatus is what will give the best results here. There are no exceptions to this rule. You have to work with the best possible.
5. Right spares – anticipate any emergency and always have the required spares with you. You should never be found without filters, reel, batteries, charger, and a waterproof camera if working in or around water. Ensure that you are always ready so you work will not suffer.
Once you have taken care of all these aspects, you will be surprised how easy it is to shoot the best photographs ever.