How To Choose Lawn Care Companies
Lawn care companies offer a lot of different services including renovation, mowing, aerating, pest control and fertilizing. If you are considering using 1 of these services, you should make sure that they follow a healthy lawn program.
How To Know If Lawn Care Companies Are Following A Healthy Lawn Program
There are several questions that you can ask when determining if these lawn care companies are meeting the requirements of a proper lawn plan:
- Is this company licensed by the state? Most states require that lawn care companies be licensed. However, these licensing qualifications do vary from 1 state to the next. If the company that you are considering using is licensed, then they are probably a reputable company since they are operating legally. Therefore, it really is important to make sure that the company that you choose to use is licensed if your state requires a license.
- What is this company's record like? Ask around. Take time to talk to neighbors, friends and anyone else who has used this company in the past. This way you will be able to tell if they were satisfied with this company's service. You can also make a telephone call the Better Business Bureau (BBB) in order to check if they have received any complaints about this company. Another great way to check up on this company is by making a telephone call to the state pesticide regulatory agency to see whether or not this company has any history of violations.
- Are they affiliated with a professional lawn care association? This is important because of these associations will stay up to date with improvements in the lawn care field.
- Are they willing to help you understand the problems that you are having with your yard and how to correct these problems? For instance, you may need to water your yard in order to keep it in good shape.
- What pesticides is this company planning to apply to your yard and why? You should then make sure that these pesticides that they are planning on using are indeed legal. This can be done by looking at the lawn care companies label on this particular pesticide. If you find that the company either cannot or will not answer your questions about these chemicals then you should call the National Pesticide Information Center.
These answers will help you to choose the best company for your yard.