How To Live Comfortably When Affected By Arthritis In Hips
Arthritis is a disease that attacks the joints all over the body causing intense pain and localized swellings. People usually get scared when they learn that they suffer from this disease, fearing that the quality of their life will be greatly reduced, now that arthritis has struck. However, though it is true that there is no known and/or proven cure for arthritis, it is possible to lead a long a normal, pain-free life even after you contacted the disease.
The Hips Are One Of The Most Susceptible Parts Where This Disease Strikes
With arthritis in hips, one would find it quite difficult of move around and even sit comfortably. Fortunately, arthritis can be controlled, just as diabetes can be controlled, though there is no cure for it either.
Fortunately, there are a number of things that you can adopt, to reduce the pain and manage your life as normally as you were before the arthritis in hips affected you first.
1. Reduce your weight as much as possible - arthritis in hips is highly aggravated by the extra weight of the body because of the additional pressure this puts on the already damaged joints. The less weight these joints have to support, the faster would be the relief.
2. Introduce medium exercise into your daily routine - Do not allow the joints to get stiff, as they would pain even more. Hence, you will need to exercises a little, activity which will keep you on your toes. Try simple walking for at least 15 minutes every day first. You will observe that your pain will be inversely proportional to the number of exercises/activities you do.
3. Take a hot water bath in the morning - it has been observed that hot water relives the pain caused by arthritis in hips to a large extent. You may like to adopt this suggestion to find that the bath does relax a person; however to what extent will it really protect the joints cannot be measured.
4. Stay in continuous touch with your doctor - the medical fraternity will be the first who will know when some breakthrough takes place and how beneficial it would be to arthritis in hips. Hence, you may have the privilege to be among the first ones who avail of the treatment for arthritis in hips.
5. Try alternative medicines - this advice does make sense. When one branch of medicine does not have a cure, it is better to seek help outside its realms (of allopathic medicine) and check it out.